"Now, what is this site about, how Joe Torre ruined pitchers' arms? Is that it?"
-Michael Kay, August 18, 2009

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Girardi agrees to offer

From Jon Heyman:

People inside the Yankees organization are re-energized by the appointment of Girardi after suffering a difficult blow when Alex Rodriguez opted out of his $252 million Yankees contract.

An announcement regarding Girardi's hiring could come today.

It is believed that the Yankees were offering about $6 million over three years to Girardi but may have had to bump the pay to counter the Dodgers' efforts. Girardi has longtime ties to the Yankees as a former player and coach and current broadcaster. He has been baseball's hottest commodity among managerial candidates almost since the day he was fired by the Marlins following a Manager of the Year performance in 2006. (SI.com)

Joe Girardi was Scott Proctor's Arm's choice for the managerial vacancy, so we obviously are thrilled with this decision.

The Joe Torre story is still rather funny to me. I'm happy Torre got another chance to manage, but the Scott Proctor sub-plot is too good.

In other news, the previous post was my 500th post. When I started this blog at the end of May, I didn't know how much I'd update or how long I'd even write before forgetting about it. I'd like to thank all the readers, because without you guys, this wouldn't be possible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment