"Now, what is this site about, how Joe Torre ruined pitchers' arms? Is that it?"
-Michael Kay, August 18, 2009

Friday, January 4, 2008

When Hank speaks, reporters listen

Hank Steinbrenner spoke about Johan Santana and Brian Cashman's roles to an AP reporter in Tampa tonight.

On Santana:

"Nothing is really decided at this point," Steinbrenner said Friday night outside Legends Field at the team's spring training complex. "I'm still leaning towards doing it. There's others leaning not to do it. There are some others that are leaning to do it also. Disagreements within the organization. Nothing major, but just different opinions. I've changed my opinion a couple times."
On Cashman:
"I always told him, 'I'm going to make the final decisions because when you're the owner you should,"' Steinbrenner said. "He is the general manager, and he has the right to talk me out of it and he has talked me out of some things."
He needs to stop with the Santana talk, and listen to his baseball and financial people. A move of this magnitude is not needed at this time.

I just hope Cashman is able to talk him out of it.

1 comments:

Marc said...

Cashman usually argues with the Steinbrenners.

New Post --> raysbaseball.blogspot.com

Post a Comment