"Now, what is this site about, how Joe Torre ruined pitchers' arms? Is that it?"
-Michael Kay, August 18, 2009

Monday, February 4, 2008

Duncan is healthy and ready for 2008

After being diagnosed with a blood clot earlier this off-season, Shelley Duncan is fully healthy and ready to battle for the starting first baseman job this season.

From the AP:

"It was a roller coaster," Duncan said Monday. "Any time you have health problems that are not the norm with playing baseball, it's something to worry about, Especially when you get to the point you don't know what's wrong with you. It's pretty scary. Fortunately, the doctors that we have took care of me, and I'm able to do what I'm doing now."
...

"Fortunately, all the little health problems I had to deal with, they were timed perfectly enough where it didn't affect what I normally do in the offseason," Duncan said. "So I got to get on my normal offseason regiment. I'm just happy to be down here now so I can get focused."
Good to hear. Duncan was a great story last season and hopefully he performs well, but his health is the most important thing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment