"Now, what is this site about, how Joe Torre ruined pitchers' arms? Is that it?"
-Michael Kay, August 18, 2009

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sorry for the lack of posts

I realize I haven't posted since Wednesday, and I apologize. Scott Proctor's Arm's headquarters (my laptop) has not been functioning to the best of its ability, and that has affected my ability to keep up with Yankees news.

One of the major stories this week was that Chien-Ming Wang is probably headed to an arbitration hearing on Feb. 14, the same day that pitchers and catchers are scheduled to report. Via Peter Abraham, general manager Brian Cashman says, "There have been talks but they haven't been productive."

The Yankees haven't gone to a hearing since 2000 with Mariano Rivera.

Wang submitted a bid of $4.6 million, while the Yankees offered $4 million. The two sides aren't too far apart, so I don't know what's keeping them from reaching an agreement.

That is pretty much it for on-field news. Once pitchers and catchers report, there will be much more news to report on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment