"Now, what is this site about, how Joe Torre ruined pitchers' arms? Is that it?"
-Michael Kay, August 18, 2009

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Matsui is feeling well

Hideki Matsui made his spring debut this afternoon, going 0-3. While his bat wasn't healthy, Matsui says he is feeling well.

"No problems during the game," he said through a translator after the game. "Even thought it was a while, I didn't really have too many problems."

Matsui was unsure when he would return to the outfield.

"I feel like it's not going to take too long," Matsui said. "After running today -- I ran to first base -- I felt pretty good."

Yankees manager Joe Girardi was pleased with Matsui's performance.

"Great," Girardi said. "[He] hit two balls right on the nose. Normal days, he's got a home run. The one ball, he hit a bullet to first base. I thought he looked really good."
Matsui grounded into a double play in the first inning, so you know he is feeling like himself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment