"Now, what is this site about, how Joe Torre ruined pitchers' arms? Is that it?"
-Michael Kay, August 18, 2009

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Moeller and Coke to be called up

Chad Moeller and Phil Coke will be called up tomorrow when teams can expand their major-league rosters, according to Chad Jennings.

Moeller appeared in 32 games with the Yankees this season.

Coke, a 26-year-old left-hander, was 2-2 with a 4.67 ERA in 14 games (one start) for Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

Jennings has Coke's reaction:

"I'm excited," Coke said. "I've been waiting for this since I was three years old so I've got to be excited. All my years of hard work coming back to me, I feel like I'm being reward for what I've done not just this season but in the past, working to get better every day. That wasn't something that I was expecting to hear today, that's for sure, but they told me. I'm sorry, I'm just all addlebrained right now. It's a little difficult trying to get my thoughts ordered at the moment."
Good for him.

On the other hand, one glaring omission with that of Melky Cabrera's. He is batting .333 (19-57) since being demoted. Only two of the 19 hits have gone for extra bases, however.

Scranton/Wilkes-Barre will be in the International League playoffs, so expect more call-ups once their season is completed. Until then, it seems that only Coke and Moeller will be called up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment