"Now, what is this site about, how Joe Torre ruined pitchers' arms? Is that it?"
-Michael Kay, August 18, 2009

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Goodbye(?) to Shea

While we don't know if today will be the last day of Shea's existence, I figured I'd talk about my memories (unlike Andrew Vazzano) of the blue monstrosity that is on the way to Kennedy Airport.

Believe it or not, I actually attended my first baseball game there. I was young, didn't pay attention to the game, was distracted by all of the airplanes and wanted food from every vendor that passed by. I'm sure my parents were thrilled.

I'd say I've been to seven or eight games there. While it's not my team's ballpark, it will be missed. Unlike Yankee Stadium, however, this is a necessary move.

Meanwhile, the aforementioned Vazzano will be liveblogging away during today's pivotal game. Check it out and be nice. He knows where I sleep.

2 comments:

Andrew Vazzano said...

I sleep directly under you.

Anonymous said...

One of the very few times I went to Shea I was almost smashed in the face by a Howard Johnson foul ball. Fortunately, my then-husband stuck out his hand, caught the ball and saved me from a broken jaw.

Post a Comment