"Now, what is this site about, how Joe Torre ruined pitchers' arms? Is that it?"
-Michael Kay, August 18, 2009

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Betemit's reign of terror is over

I was happy when I first found out the Yankees traded for Nick Swisher. I was even happier when I found out later that Wilson Betemit was included.

Betemit has been a thorn in my side since he was traded to the Yankees for the namesake, Scott Proctor.

His play on the field did nothing to change my already negative preconceived notions.

Betemit struck out 89 times as a Yankee, compared to only 12 walks. Part of his appeal was that he was a guy who would draw a lot of walks and hit for power. That was never displayed in New York. He'd hit the occasional home run, but the bad outweighed the good.

Every time his name came up in trade talks, I wanted him gone. I didn't care for whom, I just wanted him out. To get Swisher back in return was a bonus.

Vaya con dios, Wilson.

0 comments:

Post a Comment