"Now, what is this site about, how Joe Torre ruined pitchers' arms? Is that it?"
-Michael Kay, August 18, 2009

Friday, December 12, 2008

Cameron trade could happen, but nothing imminent

Kat O'Brien has the latest news on the proposed Mike Cameron trade. The trade could happen, according to Brewers GM Doug Melvin, but nothing is imminent, and he hasn't spoken to Brian Cashman since they both left Las Vegas yesterday.

"Right now there's nothing," Melvin said. " ... I think people get ahead of themselves a little bit, which happens at the winter meetings. I would hope to talk to (Cashman) and see if we can work something out. There's still a possibility."
Melvin also cleared the air about the money issue, saying the fact that the Yankees asked for some money in return "didn't bother me."

I will continue to update this news as well as anything that happens with A.J. Burnett as soon as I hear it, so keep checking in.

0 comments:

Post a Comment