"Now, what is this site about, how Joe Torre ruined pitchers' arms? Is that it?"
-Michael Kay, August 18, 2009

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Joba's repenting

The Daily News has some quotes from Joba Chamberlain at the Police Athletic League dinner last night regarding his arrest earlier this off-season.

"I had to deal with some situations growing up and now I have this situation. It's all part of the growing experience," Chamberlain said before accepting an award from the Police Athletic League Tuesday night at the Grand Hyatt in midtown.

"As a 23-year-old man I am still trying to grow up. We all make mistakes. That is part of being human. I am not trying to hide from it, not trying to run from it. I am going to take the bull by the horns. Everybody makes mistakes, and that's part of growing up."
...

"It's been a blessing in disguise," Chamberlain said of the incident. "It happened once and it was a mistake, but it allows me to teach kids from my experience."
It's good to hear these words from him. He has a great future ahead of him, and hopefully he won't screw it up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment