"Now, what is this site about, how Joe Torre ruined pitchers' arms? Is that it?"
-Michael Kay, August 18, 2009

Monday, February 9, 2009

Jeter speaks

Anthony Rieber is in Tampa and got to speak with Derek Jeter.

"My intitial reaction is let him respond," Jeter said. "Give him the respect to respond to it before you pass judgment."

Jeter said he was shocked when he first heard the reports, "Just like everybody was shocked."

Of the test results becoming public knowledge when players were assured they would remain confidential, Jeter said: "It's a learning process for me. You'd have to say an anonymous test is supposed to be anonymous."

Knowing there are still 103 players from 2003 who failed tests and are on that list, does Jeter worry his name might be on it?

"Why would I worry about me being on the list?" he said.
I wonder if Jeter was doing backflips and cartwheels when the word came out that Alex Rodriguez failed a drug test.

0 comments:

Post a Comment