"Now, what is this site about, how Joe Torre ruined pitchers' arms? Is that it?"
-Michael Kay, August 18, 2009

Monday, August 10, 2009

Sweep success

One of my friends had an extra ticket to last night's game, so I was able to take in all the action in the expensive field level seats down the left field line. The area had waiter service and padded seats, but I digress.

The game was absolutely incredible and the atmosphere was great. It really felt like we were watching old playoff games in the old Stadium. As critical as I have been of the crowds and the Stadium itself, the fans really came out this series.

When Victor Martinez hit his two-run home run in the eighth, despite cursing Joe Girardi and Phil Coke, I never had the feeling that the game was actually over. This year, the way the Yankees have won games, they have given us reason to believe. I haven't felt this great about a Yankees team since the dynasty years.

By no means am I saying "Get the ticker tape ready," but the confidence I have in this team getting to that point is great. For someone as pessimistic as I usually am, this is a stunning development.

1 comments:

Schnitzie said...

Get the ticker tape out.

No, seriously. Get the ticker tape out. God wants the Yankees to win the WS. Book it.

Post a Comment