"Now, what is this site about, how Joe Torre ruined pitchers' arms? Is that it?"
-Michael Kay, August 18, 2009

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Scott Proctor's back

I never thought I'd be writing that Scott Proctor was back in pinstripes after the Yankees traded him to the Dodgers at the 2007 deadline. But life is unpredictable, and here we are.


Obviously the biggest news here is that Jesus Montero will finally be joining the big club, but Proctor's return is more poignant for me. This blog served as an outlet for me to get my long-form baseball and Yankees opinions out there, to hone my writing skills, and to pretend to be a baseball reporter.

The jokes about his arm falling off are as tired as me complaining about Jorge Posada, but for a time way back in 2007, those jokes inspired me to name this blog. Thank you, Joe Torre, for riding Proctor's arm for a ridiculous 102.1 innings way back in 2006. Wow, 2006. The year I graduated high school; the year I began college. I can't believe that was five years ago.

Proctor has always seemed like a good dude and hopefully he can take advantage of the opportunities he gets to finish out this season. It'd be foolish to expect him to get high-leverage innings out of the bullpen in a race to win the division, but the fact he's back here at all is rather astonishing. Stranger things have happened, I suppose.

My interests and goals have changed, but I'll always look back fondly on the time I had keeping up this blog and I hope you enjoyed reading it.

Maybe Scott Proctor will get a ring after all.

29 comments:

Walter Sobchak said...

What do you aspire to be now?

The Dude said...

Walter, I thought you don't roll on shomer shabbos?

Brooklyn Blood said...

Actually, I know Scott personally. He really is a great guy, and has a wonderful family. He's been absolutely wonderful to our family, and very sincere. I wish him all the best.

Ted Conway said...

I am very excited about this season. I already got my tickets off FrontRowKing.com

creative tablet accessory said...

I am glad to read this post, its an interesting one.

The Dude said...

Yeah well, that's just kind of like, your opinion man

The Dude said...

I'm the dude, so that's what you call me ya know or Mr. Dude or El Duderino if you are not into the whole brevity thing

The Dude said...

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE

The Dude said...

They peed on my fucking rug!

The Dude said...

Peed on my fucking rug man

Shelia Mason said...

Hey...It's really good to read about Scott. heehee Sounds really humorous.!

muzammil raza said...

Thanks for sharing such nice information. i like it. Get Forex trading training in Pakistan to learn about Forex trading market.

The Dude said...

I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man.

The Dude said...

Obviously you're not a golfer

Awesome said...

post.Thanks for sharing

The Dude said...

I had a rough night and I hate the fucking Eagles, man.

Clipping Solutions said...



Your selection of topic is very good and also well written. Thanks for sharing with us most effective information Footwear photo editing services
Background Removal Service
clipping path service

digital ganesh said...

Thank you to inform us something different, I prefer your all posts and blogs.
I always await your new post to extend my knowledge and
update me about daily current affairs
Hey, I might wish to share a few games which can take your readers to childhood also because the more skilled you're the more you'll earn
Ludoskill may be a game that will change your daily routine and may change your financial status.
To download - https://www.ludoskill.com/How_to_Play.php

The Dude said...

This is a very complicated case Maude. You know, a lotta ins, a lotta outs, lotta what-have-yous

baccaratsite.top said...

I surprised with the research you made to create this actual post incredible. Fantastic job! 바카라사이트탑

Anonymous said...

yeni perde modelleri
Mobil Onay
MOBİL ODEME BOZDURMA
Nft Nasıl Alınır
Ankara Evden Eve Nakliyat
Trafik sigortası
DEDEKTÖR
website kurma
aşk kitapları

sms onay said...

Congratulations on your article, it was very helpful and successful. e6330f7a63a48f0de7bfc99b41f8b7b5
website kurma
numara onay
website kurma

define dedektörü said...

Thank you for your explanation, very good content. a1908c024c1fe2c200627bb2369feac1
altın dedektörü

sportsbet said...

Good content. You write beautiful things.
mrbahis
mrbahis
vbet
hacklink
hacklink
sportsbet
vbet
korsan taksi
taksi

muhammet said...

artvin
kastamonu
urfa
balıkesir
bitlis

085HDX

ilayda said...

https://saglamproxy.com
metin2 proxy
proxy satın al
knight online proxy
mobil proxy satın al
50EX0

emre said...

adapazarı
adıyaman
afyon
alsancak
antakya
4SDİM

Anonymous said...

دهان اسمنتي

The Dude said...

Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man

Post a Comment