"Now, what is this site about, how Joe Torre ruined pitchers' arms? Is that it?"
-Michael Kay, August 18, 2009

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Post: Hank still in charge

The Steinbrenner brothers (not only Hal) are still the go-to guys when it comes to making decisions, according to the Post's George King.

"There is one very important point here," Steinbrenner told The Post during an exclusive half-hour session. "The most important thing to remember is this: If you didn't get it from me or my brother [Hal], it doesn't mean [anything]. I don't care about some piss-ant employee. If you don't get it from me or Hal, it's meaningless. I have a lot of things [in Tampa] and Hal is in New York, which is good."

Asked if he has taken a step back, Steinbrenner emphatically said, "No."
First off, I hate when newspapers call their interviews "exclusives." Hank talks to anyone who has a microphone or recorder and is willing to listen.

Now that that's out of my system, let's discuss this quote. Usually the stuff that comes out of Hank's mouth is meaningless. Also, is Brian Cashman considered a "piss-ant employee?" He does a lot of speaking on organizational matters. Because Hank said this, I'll just take it with a grain of salt.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hank's declaration is reminiscent (and as meaningful) of Al Haig's famous quote in the period of confusion at the WH immediately following the attempt on Ronald Reagan's life. Just ignore him and maybe he'll go away.

Anonymous said...

It looks to me like Hank and Cash have different opinions on whether
the Yankees should go all in for Sabathia.
If that's true, I must send my congratulation to Hank, who just gave the "piss-ant employee" a three-year contract extension.
I really think it's time for Yankees fans to start a petition to beg Warren Buffett to rescue our beloved team from the ultra-stupid Steinbrenner brothers.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! I just wanted to pop in and tell you about the Ultimate Yankee Fan Package that will be auctioned off on eBay soon. This package features your very own New York Minute! This means you can actually own a New York Minute in honor of the day the stadium turned off its lights for good. Some Yankee greats, including Yogi already have their very own minute. The package also includes an autographed baseball, collector's clock, certificate of authenticity and other Yankee memorabilia. Stay tuned, you won't want to miss this opportunity!

Andrew Fletcher said...

That's an interesting comparison, Mr. Anonymous. The two quotes sounds awfully similar.

I think Hal knows what he's doing, Raven. Hank has let himself run wild and pretty much everyone knows he's a joke by now and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Post a Comment