"Now, what is this site about, how Joe Torre ruined pitchers' arms? Is that it?"
-Michael Kay, August 18, 2009

Monday, March 23, 2009

O'Brien: Swisher 'glum'

According to Newsday's Kat O'Brien, Nick Swisher was "glum" for the first time at Yankees' camp after losing the starting job in right field to Xavier Nady.

Swisher didn't say anything "wrong" or "out there," but he wants to play every day. The news that Nady will be the starter, he said: "I don't know if anyone would take that the right way at first. ... But I have all the faith in the world that this is where I want to be." He also expressed confidence that he will get plenty of at-bats.
I've been a big fan of Swisher since the Yankees acquired him, so I'm a little disappointed too. I just hope Joe Girardi knows what he's doing here.

I understand Swisher had a terrible year last year. Nady had a great year in comparison to the rest of his career - which resulted in the Yankees making the trade for him in July - so I'm not sure if he'll put up similar numbers this season.

This all said, it's a good problem to have.

0 comments:

Post a Comment